UEFA Circular Economy Guidelines live stream event: 8 November
The latest instalment of UEFA's Circular Economy Guidelines will be launched at a special, live streamed event on 8 November.
Following the initial focus area on food and beverage practices, three additional chapters are now being added to the guidelines: energy & water, apparel & football equipment, and event materials (signage, brand production and furniture & IT equipment). Embedding practical and actionable information, the guidelines also follow legislation and recommendations from internationally recognised frameworks.
What are the guidelines?
Launched in September 2022, UEFA’s Circular Economy Guidelines dive into the optimisation of the consumption and life cycle of products throughout football operations and events. In line with its Football Sustainability Strategy 2030, UEFA’s ambition in the domain of circular economy is to embed the ‘4R approach’ (built around Reducing, Reusing, Recycling, and Recovering) in all operations to minimise the impact of football on the environment and drive resource efficiency and cost savings.
The guidelines aim to help national associations, leagues, clubs, event organisers and other football stakeholders to accelerate the uptake of targeted investments and measures in line with the 4R approach.
Join the live stream (hosted here and moderated by David Garrido, Sky Sports presenter) on Wednesday 8 November 2023 from 14:00 to 15:30 CET to hear more about it.
1. Welcome words
- Michele Uva – director, social & environmental sustainability, UEFA
2. Overview of the UEFA Circular Economy Guidelines
- Vincent Reulet – expert, social & environmental sustainability, UEFA
- Filippo Veglio – senior expert, social & environmental sustainability, UEFA
3. Panel discussion on circular economy challenges, innovations and best practices
- Pete Bradshaw – director, sustainability, Manchester City FC
- Viviane Gut – senior director, Sustainability Direction, adidas
- Joanna Czutkowna – director, I Went Shopping Today
- Diane Caldwell – professional footballer, FC Zürich Frauen / Republic of Ireland national team and We Play Green team player
- Thomas Klar – head of brand operations, UEFA
4. Road ahead on circular economy solutions in European football
- Michele Uva, director, social & environmental sustainability, UEFA