KISS Barcelona celebrates its tenth anniversary with an extensive programme at the Circuit
The Sustainability Meeting Point platform of the Circuit celebrates another edition under the KISS (Keep It Shine and Sustainable) programme by FIM Ride Green. Under this umbrella, several actions aligned with the SDGs and proposals to raise public awareness are presented.
The commitment to sustainability of the CirCuitCat 3C “Conscience, Commitment and Coherence” will once again be one of this year’s highlights during the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya de MotoGP™, an event certified according to ISO 20121: 2013.
The Sustainability Meeting Point platform of the Circuit promotes KISS Barcelona by once again taking part in the KISS (Keep It Shine and Sustainable) programme by the FIM Ride Green, organising a series of activities to raise awareness and sensitise the attending public on the care and respect for the environment, within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals SDG 2030 of the United Nations.
This year, moreover, the celebration is a double celebration, as the KISS programme celebrates a decade of history coinciding with the 30th anniversary of FIM Ride Green. To commemorate it, both parties have organised an opening ceremony for KISS Barcelona, which will take place on the Thursday of the Grand Prix in the presence of the FIM Ride Green Ambassador, María Herrera, along with several authorities. The event will take place at Turn 12, which was already baptised as “FIM Ride Green Turn” in 2016.
On the other hand, the Circuit will once again host a 100% electric competition thanks to the presence of the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Championship, a competition that faces its penultimate round of the year, something it has already done on previous occasions.
- Use of 100% renewable energy.
- Rental of low-emission generators.
- Commitment to energy self-consumption with the installation of photovoltaic panels on the roof of the buildings.
- Donation of surplus food by the teams to the local social organisation El Xiprer.
- Offering km0 and organic food at the catering outlets.
- Drinking water fountains available in the public and paddock areas.
- Installation of two Purple Points in the public areas.
- Collaboration with companies with social value such as Cire (Centre of Activities for reintegration) or Boscat (for young people in dual training).
- Improving the biodiversity of the Bosque del Cráter, where the Green and Kids Zone are located.
- Use of the circular economy by reusing tyres as planters and petrol drums converted into litter bins in the public areas.
- Recovery and recycling of waste from all waste fractions.
- Implementation of actions to minimise single-use packaging through a reusable cup in the bars and the use of water fountains (available in the public areas and paddock) and thermos flasks.
- Promotion of sustainable mobility with agreements with Renfe and Sagalés to increase the frequency of trains and buses. Also with electric vehicle charging points inside the facilities (14), and use of electric vehicles by suppliers and Circuit staff for internal mobility during the event.
As usual, the Circuit will have its stands, the Sustainability Meeting Points, to raise awareness among the public, and these will be located in the area of the Crater Forest, as well as behind Grandstand G. The opening hours will be Saturday from 9 am to 3 pm and Sunday from 9 am to 2 pm. Attendees who pass by and answer the sustainability survey will receive a small gift. In the public area surrounding the Main Grandstand, there will also be an Open Arms space, where the NGO will publicise its work.
Those attending the Grand Prix can also win an attractive prize of a double paddock pass for the next CatalanGP at the Circuit. In order to do so, they must participate in the KISS Barcelona photo contest and share on their social networks (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter) how they carry out a sustainable action during the event (such as the ones mentioned above), adding the hashtag #KISSBarcelona.
Tickets available at www.circuitcat.com
The Circuit has an attractive offer of tickets to attend the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya de MotoGP™. Starting at €72, fans can enjoy three days of competition on the track and many proposals outside it. In addition, some of the riders of the motorcycling world championship have reserved areas for their fan clubs in different grandstands, a highly recommended option to experience many emotions.
Read moreCircuit de Barcelona